WCW Solid Lanolin
WCW Solid Lanolin
When your woolies get dirty and start to stink... head on over to your kitchen sink! (corny? We'll work on it..)
Available in 2 oz or 4 oz jars, 8 oz coming soon
Our lanolin is pharmaceutical grade, with FDA approved skin safe fragrance or essenatial oils added (for our scented lanolin). While it is skin safe fragrance oil-- our WCW scented lanolin should NOT be used for breastfeeding purposes or as a lip balm. Our unscented lanolin is perfectly suited for skin, should you desire to use it in that fashion.
Wool is very low maintenance, but eventually, everyone has to wash it and relanolize it. Our solid lanolin is formulated to give you the best experience possible for your lanolin bath. When it's time to lanolize, simply wash your woolies with some non-lanolin wash (baby wash works great) to remove all dirt and urine salts and then, rinse well. Run a mug full of hot water, add a tsp of solid lanolin per item, and a chunk of one of our emulsifying bars and stir until milky. Add it to a sink of clean warm water along with your wool and let sit for 15 mins to an hour. Remove your wool and let dry!
So, what is Lanolin? Simple explanation: You know how about mid-day your t-zone is all shiny and greasy looking and you try to powder your nose or use astringent? Well, Sheep can’t do that and it builds up. Lanolin is a solid waxy oil from a sheep’s skin, that builds up in their wool. Affectionately known as Sheep Grease. It’s what helps keep them dry when it rains, etc.
Sheep need to be sheared to keep them comfortable in hot weather and to keep their coats from becoming a tangled mess. The sheared wool is processed to remove the lanolin, which is further refined to become used in skin care, etc; The wool is spun into the lovely fibers that make up our products. Contrary to some claims, sheep are not killed to produce lanolin or wool.
Lanolin is also what gives wool it's waterproofing, antibacterial and urine neutralizing properties. There are many different lanolin products available on the market, and we love solid lanolin for the overall bullet-proofing it offers.
- Fresh Citrus- (EO)- Limited Edition summer scent- a refreshing and sweet essential oil blend of lime, grapefruit, orange, litsea cubeba and just a hint of spearmint, adding a tiny edge to the luscious citrus scents
- Coconut Kisses (FO)Coconut Kisses is a tropical paradise in a bottle! It begins with top notes of mandarin, Mexican lime, tangerine, and kumquat; middle and base notes of watermelon, tart green apples, cantaloupe, and honeydew melon.
- Funky Monkey (FO) A fun and fruity blend that begins with top notes of banana and juicy citrus, middle notes of kiwi and sweet scent of bubblegum and finishes with strawberry and just a hint of vanilla. My kids say this smells like Runts candy!
- Happy Hippie (FO)The classic incense scent you would associate with walking into a "hippie store". Citrus, clove and patchouli combine with subtle pine and vanilla to bring you feelings of peace and love
- Sweet Mint (FO)A refreshing blend of spearmint and peppermint with a hint of sweet tea
- Blue Hawaiian (FO)A mouth watering blend of tropical fruits such as orange, pineapple and lemon with coconut, vanilla rum and ozone will take you away to the tropics
- Strawberry Shortcake (FO)A rich summer favorite featuring notes of vanilla cake, fresh strawberries and vanilla cream
- Gingered Peach (FO)- juicy peach nectar mingled with a decadent blend of clove and ginger, with just a touch of vanilla and sugar
- Carmelized Pear (FO)- ripe, fall crimson pears topped with luscious caramelized brown sugar and fresh churned maple butter layered with honey and vanilla
- Oatmeal Milk and Honey (FO) (new version)- a warm, spicy comfort blend that smells exactly like its name. This is a different blend than our previous version
- Energy (FO)- a bright, fresh, clean scent bright and fresh scent with notes of citrus, cucumber, pineapple, blackberry
- Cherry Almond (FO) - a classic blend of ripe cherries and sweet almonds. This is a stronger scent
- Orange Creamsicle (FO)- a mouthwatering blend of juicy orange and delicious sweet cream